Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Why

Because I need a place to spin my webs of conspiracy so they won't infect my more serious writing. This will probably not work, as it will in all likelihood further imprint my obsession with mass culture on my every thought and action.

The focus of this thing probably won't be as specific as my title suggests. I'm creating this so I can obsess and vent in a semi-organized, constructive way. Posts may be comprised of rants, musings, contemplations, links to the awful shit that exists only to make you question yourself and the people you love, or alternatives to thinking about said awful shit.

I feel conflicted starting this thing up, because I imagine many people just ignore mass culture and live happy lives doing so. But as I currently find myself unable to do that, I'm going to spare my friends, family, bandmates, roommates, new acquaintances and pets from (some of) my frenzied monologues by exorcising a few of those demons here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Author of Absent Receiver (SpringGun Press, 2013).